Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thoughts of The Day

Hey what up, i know its late but i just wanted to let you guys know that i will be posting an important lil quote up here every couple of days, as well as posting quotes, verses, etc.  on the side bar. Im still getting used to all this, so it may take awhile :) So here is it, 

DAY 1 "He is watching over you, trembling child of God. Are you tempted? He will deliver. Are you weak? He will strengthen. Are you ignorant? He will enlighten. Are you wounded? He will heal. The Lord "telleth the number of the stars;" and yet "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Ps. 147:4, 3. "Come unto Me," is His invitation. Whatever your anxieties and trials, spread out your case before the Lord. Your spirit will be braced for endurance. " - Desire of The Ages, PG. 329

 Why worry when GOD is in control? He is our source of life, knowledge, peace, strength, courage, etc. and He wants to give us these things. We must not let the worries of this life get in our way, but rather trust and rely more simply on Him. HE LOVES US!!! Why worry? Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith? Reflect on ALL that God has done for us day by day. Did you wake up, healthy and blessed today? Did you make it to work, school, stores, church, whatever, safely? Has he not pulled you through time and time again without you even knowing it? We must reflect, reflect, reflect. I know for sure that God is here with me and that He loves me. I struggle with this sooo often, and even doubt His love itself. BUT SIMPLE AND PLAIN WE SHOULD NOT EVEN LET THESE THOUGHTS COME TO MIND; HE HAS SENT JESUS TO DIE FOR OUR SINS, AND GO THROUGH AN AMAZING EARTHLY BATTLE JUST FOR US. We cannot even think the thought that Christ does not care for us. Don't even harbor the thought for a second. He will brace us for endurance, He will see us through. One year ago i was going through an amazing trial with my relationship with God. I was basically making Him out to be what I wanted Him to be and not seeing Him as He truly is. This led to hard struggles, doubts, and fears beyond measure. But Gods guiding hand led me back to Him right when i was about to give up. I wanted nothing to do with this "god" that i had made. This "god" didnt love me, this was satan's snare to keep me away from my beloved Savior. But God slowly, gently,peacefully guided me back to Him. He didn't fuss, He didn't cause a huge scene, He just let His love do the talking. His spirit guided me to truth. Remember Elijah and his fear of Jezebel? Elijah had just come off of an AMAZING Victory with proving God was the true God through the miracle of the fire from heaven on the altar, but he still suffered from fear for his life. He basically wanted God to kill him. But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers. God basically told him, Elijah, rest up a bit, come to the mountains with me and I will show you what you need. He sent an earthquake, great wind, and fire, but God  wasnt in those; He was in the small voice. (check out the rest of the story in 1 Kings 19) God will not force His way into our lives. He just wants us to trust Him and Be still and know that I am God. We need not fear our weaknesses for we are bought into his strength. My Grace is sufficient for Thee, for My power is made perfect in weakness.  He has got our backs! Let us leave our trials, worries, fears, weaknesses, etc. at His feet! If we honestly have the desire to serve Him, love Him, and get closer to Him, He will provide the means. All we have to do is believe and trust He will do this. Wrapping this up, we must pray, and practice a more simplistic, loving trust in God and know that He loves us, L.O.V.E.S us. Don't doubt it, just trust. Base your faith on TRUTH, THE WORD OF GOD, rather than feelings. Feelings, and thoughts will fail us, but the Word of God, Jesus, is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is FAITHFUL AND TRUE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment